Abductive Columns

Monday, January 10, 2005

Growing Old

I’m blogging in my fifties. I wonder what percentage of bloggers blog in their fifties? Younger people think I’m old, older people envy me for my relative youthfulness. I’m sure I’ve much to learn about aging but believe me when I tell you that I’m well acquainted with the curriculum.

But if I were asked what kind of old man I’d want to be when I grew up the first thing I’d say is “I want to keep my mind sharp and agile.”

I want to be a big picture old man. To look at life from the largest point of view, as a macro-thinker takes into account the long flow of history and how God works in slow, imperceptible ways.

To know how to sense the difference between fad and substantial change. To be unimpressed with the former and to bend with the latter.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Fajita said...

The link below has some stats on bloggers and their age.

http://tallskinnykiwi.typepad.com/tallskinnykiwi/2004/12/how_old_are_blo.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home