Abductive Columns

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Life

This week my brother and his wife separated as well as my cousin and his wife. All this is everyday stuff in 21st century society, but I still don’t like it—especially when it comes to your own family. My wife is also battling seasonal depression at this time so, if you think of it, pray for these things for me.

On the lighter side of life my eighty-year old father called from Florida last night to talk. He told me he had a dream that my mother was alive and in the dream gave him some hard candy. When he awoke he said he had chewed his hearing aid up. It had teeth marks on it but fortunately he said, “it still worked.”

3 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Will said...

Fred: Life goes on, doesn't it? When we were young we never thought we would deal with divorce and parents who aged and the dreams of our dads. But now those things are here. I am praying for you right now.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Rick said...

"the story of us" - bruce willis & michelle pheiffer. buy as many copies as you need for all parties involved. the problem with divorce is that it's too easy - and what if that problem could be erased tomorrow, would we be big enough to get back together, etc.

i know, lots of factors. but i hate divorce and the trail of crap it leaves behind :). praying for you & family.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

My sister and her husband were separated for a time ... as well as one of my cousins and his wife. Both couples are back together. My story turned out differently, with divorce. Now I know why God hates it, even though He has blessed me a gazillion times over since then. My prayers are for you and the ones you love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home