Abductive Columns

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

When Criticized Do As Rob Bell Does

In a Chicago Sun Times article entitled "The Next Billy Graham?" Rob Bell said of his critics:
"When people say that the authority of Scripture or the centrality of Jesus is in question, actually it's their social, economic and political system that has been built in the name of Jesus that's being threatened. Generally lurking below some of the more venomous, vitriolic criticism is somebody who's created a facade that's not working."
"But I love everybody and you're next!" Rob says, giggling. "That's how I respond to criticism."

1 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

i wish i'd said that! I'm wondering if I can get it tatooed on my palm so i can reel it off when needed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home