Abductive Columns

Monday, October 31, 2005

Wikipedia Gives

Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia and I had a lover’s quarrel but recently reconciled our differences. After a quick course in Wiki writing I rewrote the article on the Emergent Church of Christ from a neutral point of view and in a more concise, encyclopedic kind-of-way. Very difficult when one has a strong passion and belief in the ongoing conversation and a strong dispassion for what’s on the Church of Christ Wiki page (of which I’m linked from). I also wrote all the pages that I’ve linked off the Emergent Church of Christ page. Take a look. It’s eerie to know that what is happening in this third millennium is very similar to what happened in the 1850s.

The article is an ongoing project (currently it needs cleaned up) and can be edited by anyone as long as their inclusion meets Wiki standards, etc.

What I'm looking for are emergent churches of Christ or churches of Christ that feel they are moving in that direction. Send me your web address and I’ll list your congregation in Wikipedia. I’ve added a four links to emergent churches of Christ.

I am thankful for the editors at Wikipedia.

Read the article [...link] and give me your comments

1 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger stacey abshire said...

Our church would definitely fit the mold. Gateway Church of Christ, though we go mostly by Gateway, or Gateway Church.

http://www.gatewaychurch.net

We're located in St. Albans, WV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home