Abductive Columns

Monday, August 21, 2006

Security or Privacy?

For the life of me I don’t understand the Priv-o-crats who want their privacy, not realizing the further away we move from 9/11 the more likely there will be another attack on our homeland.

If we’re innocent what would cause one to scream about rights of privacy?

What do these Priv-o-crates have to hide?

Personally, I’ll allow the government to look into any and all my records/communication. Surveillance, wiretapping...whatever is necessary to avert another 9/11.

I have nothing to hide.

I’m not sure what it is but there’s something amiss in a society that doesn’t trust their government. This is the primary difference between the UK and the US. The citizens of the UK are not cozy to Tony Blair but they trust their government.

4 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germany under Hitler.

That is the reason Americans need the ability to check their government without fear of reprisal.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Fred Peatross said...

I can't equate

Hitler=Bush
USA=Nazi Germany

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger JP said...

I'll agree with anom (to a point) I will not compare Bush to Hitler. However, I am respector of Privacy and of the U.S Constitution, I do not want the gov't doing what you say you have no problem with, I respect my personal freedom.....and yours.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Fred Peatross said...

There's an obvious difference in worldviews here. The Constitution never anticipated a 9/11 world. You may have reasons for privacy. But I consider the security of my country more important than my privacy. (seems to me, this is a new spin on entitlement). As I said, I have nothing to hide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home