Abductive Columns

Monday, September 12, 2005

Living in the Third Millennium

With direct deposit, debit cards, credit cards, and electronic bill payment I’m near the place where I never see money, much less handle it. Checks—well, I’m writing less and less.

I wonder if what we're experiencing parallels the adjustment our relatives made when the automobile first appeared; eventually replacing the horse and buggy.

Over the next couple of decades we may forget the feel and look of the well worn green bills we've become use to filling our wallets and purses with.

2 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Larry said...

I'm still waiting to get the feel of stuffing my wallet with well worn green bills :)

The art of penmanship will soon join the dinosaur in extinction.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger stacey abshire said...

Yeah, i rarely carry cash these days. I even get somewhat annoyed when our family eats at CiCi's... I have to go to the trouble of stopping by the ATM to get cash for our meal. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home