Abductive Columns

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Swimming with the Fish

It’s past time we become like Jesus and forget the religious stuff. So spend your next sabbatical doing something other than living at a monastery or hopping from conference to conference looking for a new batch of ideas. Start living a normal life--forget the extraordinary--begin spending time with the people Jesus misses the most. If that means quitting your church habit right now and jumping in the water with the fish, believe me Jesus will understand. After all, he spent most of his time with the fish.

2 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Laura Springer said...

thanks for that... I needed it AND that's my plan. I taking a really short sabbatical (four days) and planning on doing regular life stuff. All I need is determination to bear up under the draw of the books...

 
At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do spend so much time "doing" and so little "being". I am thinking about skipping church one Sunday and going to Waffle House and sitting among the missing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home