Abductive Columns

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Talking to Those Jesus Misses the Most

Last Saturday a friend and I hit the streets with a mic, camcorder, and six $5 Starbucks Cards. We set a poster on an easel and settled in just downstream from Starbucks and across the street from Empire Books. Forty-five minutes later we had given all our $5 Starbucks Cards away, interviewed seven curious individuals, begged Security’s forgiveness, and handed 15 minutes of tape to the church-techie for editing.

I framed my questions around the Sunday sermon. Since we’re in a series on the book of Romans (specifically Romans 10) my questions revolved around what I felt were the key components of that chapter.

Once a month I take to the streets and talk to the people Jesus’ misses the most.

Our questions for the non-church-goer:

1. Do you think Christians bring Good News to the world?
2. Has a Christian every tried to save you? If so, how did it feel?

Our questions for the church-goer:

1. Can you give us your perception on righteousness?
2. Do you establish your own righteousness or does it seem to somehow mysteriously come from out side yourself?

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

I'd be interested in hearing the answers of the unreached to the question: "What do you think a Christian means when he/she uses the word 'saved'?"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home