Abductive Columns

Monday, March 21, 2005

The First? Pomo Missionary

A local congregation is supporting me as their pomo missionary. So, I’m gearing up for time in the public square with the idea of gaining cultural perspectives on spirituality. I was asked to meet with the worship leader, a shepherd and the transformational architect today. It amazes me on the amount of time and energy we expend in crafting a fast moving, seamless Sunday worship.

I wonder why we don’t carve out the same kind of time in developing apprentice for Jesus as well as teaching believers how to walk alongside their friends, neighbors and co-workers as spiritual explorers/sometimes guide?

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

I sure don't have an answer for that one, Fred - but congratulations on your ministry and support for it!

I think that something my preaching minister - of all people! - said convinced me that there's only so much you can do in planning worship for others ... that we all have to be willing to prepare ourselves for worship for it to have any real value.

So I rotated out of the worship planning committee and am trying to figure out what I can do to prepare myself and others for worship.

What is making the most sense so far is preparing for it by experiencing/channeling the incredible persuasive power of God through His Son, Spirit and the gospel. If I can see that; be part of that in serving others, I don't think anything or anyone can prevent me from overflowing with worship and praise and thanksgiving whether it's time to gather on Sunday or not.

Now I just have to figure out how to do that. And I think you're giving me some invaluable insights.

Thank you, brother!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home