Abductive Columns

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

An Afternoon Story

I spent part of my afternoon chatting with a cool campus minister who enlightened me to what appears to be a fun, team based way to learn leadership skills.

I learned of it as he led me through a story about his college groups fall retreat to Elkins, West Virginia where the group engaged in Rope Course, an outdoor participant idea that uses a combination of Low and High Rope Courses to help participants grow in leadership, communication, problem-solving, coaching, and risk taking. The most interesting part of the story was the dare a pre-Christian made to this campus minister. In his own nervousness, at the thought of climbing a 45 foot tower to zip down it, this pre-Christian pokes, kids and chides this campus minister about his fear of heights and then he dares him to take the risk. This dare ends up leading to this pre-Christian's conversion. It’s a cool story that I plan to write at length about in one of my upcoming newsletters.

Later he and another minister gave me a quick tour of Media Shout, an awesome piece of software I'm familiar with but had never seen up close.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Mr. Bill said...

Fred, I apologize for using the comments to do this but I've been having no luck trying to find a way to e-mail you. I'd like to talk to you about your book.
bill@beanbooks.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home